As we drive from Cleveland to Philadelphia, I have been reflecting on my experience at the Republican National Convention, and what it will mean for my experience this coming week at the Democratic National Convention. Because the “establishment” Republicans were not in attendance, I felt like the RNC was not representative of any other political convention that has ever occurred.

Although I am incredibly grateful that I was able to attend and witness what will go down in history as the fascinating election cycle of the 21st century, I also hope to gain from this experience an understanding of how a more “normal” national political convention may go down.

That is what I hope to get from the DNC.

I understand that even though Hillary is the most “establishment” candidate that the Democratic Party could have chosen that this convention may still be a little unconventional. 2016 was an election cycle where the American people have yearned for candidates who are not insiders on Washington, and Hillary is about as in those circles as one can possibly be.

However, Hillary is still running the show, and she is going to put on the traditional convention that I have been looking for.

I am interested in comparing the attitudes of people who have come up to Philly for this week, and compare it to the RNC.

This week will be incredibly exciting, particularly since several members of the cohort have been #ReadyForHillary since the beginning of this crazy adventure began (note: no one was ever on the #TrumpTrain). To see passion within the cohort itself I believe will bring a new dimension to the convention experience. Unlike at the RNC – where the passion for Trump stayed very reserved to the people we spoke to in Cleveland – the passion for Hillary at the DNC will be with us as we travel everywhere we go.

Even if my personal beliefs do not always line up with those of the Democratic Party, I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to challenge and ground my ideas through listening to others’. Wake the Vote has been an incredible experience, and I cannot wait to continue my own personal growth at the DNC. I truly believe that listening to people from all parts of the spectrum to be crucial to having a healthy democracy, and look forward to seeing how my perception of democracy changes while in Philly.

I can’t wait to see what happens!!!

-KIC